Today, I joined the open house of Marathon Training. It was my first group training ever. I chose 10 miles per hour pace team. We did 5 miles and believe me it was done on time and things it let me focused on which normally I miss one or combination of few are:
- Followed the directions from the leaders and team. For example – Bikers coming, watch out for puddles, pat your self for making it under 10 etc.
- Focused on my Breathe. This is key!! Breathe… sometimes we do not do it right – I believe breathe well would make my run well.
- Reset my running forms whenever thing seemed to go off. Use of gravity or slight bend towards front helps.
- Maintained the pace.
- Smiled and spoke to the team members as and when required.
- Some of the above five points I do miss when I train on my own. Be with running herd would be my marathon training mantra for 2018.
- Source: With Group Leaders