WPS is a wireless technology that stands for ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’. WPS makes the connection between the wireless router and various gadgets quite smoother and uninterrupted. Wi-Fi Protected Setup is a wireless network security standard. This technology works only with wireless networks that are being secured by using a password which is encrypted with various protocols such as the WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols. Where there is standard security configuration, we cannot make connection of a wireless device to a wireless network. For this type of connections we must have the network name which is commonly known as SSID and its password that are commonly called as WPA-PSK key HP Printer Support Number.
Here, in this article we will tell you how to connect HP printer with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). HP printers come with various functionalities and latest technology. Connecting with wireless network is one of the top features of HP printer as you can print your important files and documents without being nearer to the printer. Please follow the instructions to connect you printer with WPS WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
- To switch on the printer plug in the power cord and place print cartridges in its position. After turning on the printer, you printer will go through some of its startup routine that includes printing a dummy page to check the essential things.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup has two modes to connect printer with your wireless router together over a wireless connection. First is known as “pushbutton” and the other one is known as “PIN”.
- “Pushbutton” has by far the simplest process. So, here, we will tell how you can connect your printer using only the WPS pushbutton method, but not the PIN method. You can see in your manual as well for step by step instructions for connecting your printer with wireless network through WPS. Here, we are stating some of the conditions that need to be met in order to use WPS pushbutton mode:
- you will need to make sure that both your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. To check this, weather your devices are compatible with WPS pushbutton mode or not, you should check that on the instructions manuals of your printer and wireless router.
- You will need to make sure that your wireless router should have a physical WPS pushbutton available there on your router for you to access it.
- You will need to make sure that your wireless network must use the encrypted WPA or WPA2 security protocols. This condition is very much necessary for the printers ro connect with the wireless network through WPS as WPS wireless routers is not able to connect using the WPS method if WEP or no security is used for better security purposes.
- You will need to remember that most WPS wireless routers will not connect to your printer through Wi-Fi Protected Setup if you will use the makers’ default for your wireless network name i.e. SSID and no security.
Follow these two steps to connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using Wi-Fi Protected Setup:
- Locate the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer and start it. To know, how to start this mode, you can see step by step instructions on printer’s manual.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button placed on your router.
- And that it, your printer is connected to your wireless network.
HP Printer Customer Care helps Phone Number +1-800-608-2315