The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has announced revised notice for 90,000 vacant job posts. As per the notification of the board, the last date for application for APL and Technician posts along with 62,509 Group D posts is now extended to March 31, 2018. To clarify further, these changes have been introduced in the online application forms and have been available from February 28, 2018. Candidates who had applied prior to that are also advised to go through the latest changes.
As per the official notification, the changes have been made in the age, general instructions, relaxation of upper age limit, last date to apply, examination fee, modification fee, submission to multiple RRBs and reservation for candidates with benchmark disabilities.
Modifications in CEN 01/2018 for recruitment of 26, 502 ALP, Technician posts in Indian Railways
• Last date of applying online for ALP and Technician posts is now March 31, 2018.
• Age Limit for applying for the said posts has been extended. The new age limit for CEN 01/2018 recruitment examination is from 18–30 years now. Thus, the new upper age limit for various categories is summed below along with the cut-off date of birth.
Modifications in CEN 02/2018 for recruitment of 62,509 Group D posts in Indian Railways
• Last date of applying online is now changed from March 12, 2018 to March 31, 2018.
• Signature of the candidates on all documents has to be identical in all stages of the recruitment process and should not be in capital letters. Signatures in a different style at the time of CBT, PET and DV etc., may result in cancellation of candidature.
• Age limit has been extended by 2 years across all categories. The revised age limit for CEN 02/2018 is now revised to be 18 to 33 years for the unreserved category as against the previous 18 to 31 years. This is applicable to extensions to the reserved categories as well. The new age limit for CEN 02/2018 is provided below.
Other changes in both CEN 01/2018 and CEN 02/2018 for recruitment for over 90000 jobs in Indian Railways In addition to this, RRB has added a new clause of General Instructions as per which the candidates would be allotted the post and railway/unit as per the option of the candidates ONLY subject to merit, medical fitness and vacancy position. Also, once the candidates have empanelled as per their merit/ choice, they will forfeit the right to be considered for any other post or category. The Railway Recruitment Board continues to reserve the rights to allot post/railway/unit not opted by the candidates if found necessary in administrative interests – provided the candidate is meeting the requirements. Moreover, amending the rules of the examination fee, Railways has decided to refund the examination fees in general as well as reserved category candidates.