A website’s speed refers to the time a visitor has to wait until the page is completely loaded. The ideal time for an e-commerce website to load is three seconds to seven seconds. It impacts the audience user experience. The speed of the website influences the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) rankings. According to Google, the search result for a resource that has a short load-time as compared to the ones with longer load-time gets promoted in presentation order.
Google compares the site with the competitors on a specific segment and assigns bonus points if the website is the fastest. The SEO company in New Delhi can help in ensuring the fast speed of the webpage. But it is necessary for the companies to understand how page speed impacts the SEO. Following are some scenarios that can result in low page speed:
- Host: It is crucial to select a host that fits the business size. Choosing a cheap one can damage the website speed.
- Too Large Images: Heavy images tend to reduce the speed of a website. It often occurs due to extra data included in the comments or lack of compression.
- External Embedded Media: Even though external media like videos are highly valuable, it can lower the page’s loading time. It is for this reason that it is recommended to host videos on an individual server.
- Unoptimized Browser, Plugins, and Apps: Loading time varies on different browsers. Therefore, it is beneficial to test the website on all the browsers and optimize it accordingly.
- Too Much Ads: Including lots of advertisements on the website bother the visitors and reduces the site’s loading speed.
- Theme: No doubt theme adds to the website’s ranking, however, using highly designed themes that contains a lot of effects can affect the web page’s speed.
Speed is not only crucial to the users but also to Google. When a website has slow speed, it implies Google consumes more bandwidth, allocate more services, and spend more money. Following are some ways to improve the website’s speed:
- Checking the performance with speed tool data:
- Google’s PageSpeed Insights: It measures the performance of a page for mobile and desktop devices and issues scores from 0-100. Generally, 85 and above is an indicator that the site is performing well.
- GTmetrix: It is a combination of PageSpeed Insights and Yahoo. The tool grades the site’s performance and suggests remedies in case of issues. It provides a timeline of how a page got rendered and what elements are causing high load times.
- Pingdom: The tool sends out alerts via SMS and email regarding the website’s performance.
- Optimize Images: Image-size turns out to be the principal contributor of slow webpage speed. Optimizing the images helps in minimizing the page’s weight.
- Hosting Files Locally: Local files load faster than the files hosted externally. When the site remains in the company’s server, it saves the user the time of a trip outside the site to download data.
- Get Rid of Unnecessary Components: Re-evaluating the site for plugins, add-ons, forms, widgets, excess ads, and the like can help in identifying the problems resulting in slow webpage speed.
SEO companies in Delhi work towards the page optimization for speed and analyze the problems the website is facing.